Friday, August 12, 2011

My New Tote Bag: The Madonna Tote

I just received a wonderful "gift" from Cross My Heart Handbags. I am thrilled with it. This was a custom tote that I ordered from Deb's Denim Faith Totes line. Deb does such wonderful work.

Of course, it has the painting of Our Lady of the Miraculous medal that I love so much, but don't know the artist. And it has a number of other wonderful paintings of Our Lady, including Our Lady of the Streets, Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady of the Rosary, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and others. It also has white lilies which represents the Madonna and are an important part of my store logo, Stairway Heaven. It has a fleur-de-lis which represents the Madonna and is part of my heritage living in southern Louisiana. It has two crucifixes, lots of pretty lace and embroidery, and a number of Bible verses including:

1 Corinthians  13:13 (one of my favorite verses)
Matthew 1:23
Luke 1: 16-18
Ephesians 2:8
John 19:26-27
Isaiah 7:14


It has two denim pockets inside and a nice long canvas strap so that I can use it to cross-over. Each of the different "denim patches" is separated using different little stitches. There are so many little wonderful details that I just love it. Deb truly is an artist. 

Even before she joined the Catholic Etsy Artists Guild, also known as CEAG, and also known as teamcatholic, she donated a totebag to the PIF promotion. The totebag, also in the denim faith tote line, is called "The Path of the Righteous Tote" and is very beautiful. A second line of religious totes, called the Hope and Faith totes line, is a bit more "hip" but just as wonderful. Deb is a lovely lady and a charitable Christian. We are lucky to have her as a member of our guild.









2 comments:

  1. I have a catholic friend who would LOVE that bag, how nice it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag and yes powerful too!!

    ReplyDelete