Monday, June 20, 2011

CEAG and Treasuries

Good day,

I have done 4 treasuries inspired by the artists of the Catholic Etsy Artist Guild (CEAG), also known as teamcatholic. Please take a look and make comments if you think they are interesting. I love the work that CEAG does and the people are so kind and charitable. I feel blessed to be a part of them. Please click on the green or gray links to visit each site. Thank you.


Rose Window
National Cathedral
1. Our Lady and the Rose - The rose symbolizes the Virgin Mary. Our Lady is called the Mystical Rose. The rosary is related to the rose. St. Dominic's chaplet was scented with roses. Monks' rosaries were made with hardened rose petals.
2. Light Through a Rose Window - CEAG - The beautiful bright items in this treasury remind me of the light coming though a rose window or a stained glass window. I could watch for hours as the colors shift and blend. God's beauty. Humans' art of love.
3. I have held thee in the palm of mine hand. -- Isaiah 51:16 - A baptism is the joyous beginning of a lifetime of loving and serving the Lord.
4. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 The items in this treasury are dedicated to marriage, weddings, and mostly love, for the greatest of these is love.

I hope you enjoy looking at these treasuries as much as I enjoyed making them. The artists in the CEAG are so diverse and they do phenomenal work. Please take a look.





1 comment: